Net Zero initiatives are raising standards and market practices by putting investors at the forefront of the transition to Net Zero, encouraging both real-economy carbon reduction and increasing investments in climate solutions.
- The Net Zero landscape is changing rapidly due to changing regulatory frameworks as well as increased investor focus on climate scenarios.
- In this paper, we explore the main tools at the disposal of investors to embark on and navigate their Net Zero journey, looking at both opportunities and challenges ahead
- We first give an overview of Net Zero initiatives, that are raising standards and market practices by encouraging real-economy carbon reduction and increasing investments in climate solutions, as well as the remaining challenges
- We then analyze the importance of accompanying High Climate Impact Sectors in their decarbonization, focusing on the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for heavy industries in particular
- The third section looks at specific challenges for financing climate mitigation and adaptation in Emerging Markets and Developing Economies (EMDE), which account for two-thirds of global greenhouse gas emissions and are typically highly vulnerable to climate hazards. In this regard, blended finance partnerships hold significant potential to catalyze private capital towards the achievement of the Paris Agreement in EMDE.
- Finally, we explore the new frontiers of climate investing, focusing on circular economy and biodiversity investment solutions, both of which are essential to deliver on the Net Zero by 2050 objective.
You can now read the full whitepaper at the link below