We are Ireland’s leading commercial property investment company and the largest owner of offices and logistic assets in Dublin. We are a long-term investor with a 50-year track record in real estate. We own and manage a portfolio comprising over 5m sq ft, with a net asset value of over €2.7bn.
We have an international reputation for delivering the highest quality in everything we do. Our goal is to own exceptional buildings that set new standards in design and sustainability in order to attract best in class occupiers, drive long-term shareholder value and contribute positively to the communities in which we work. By sustainably investing in the public realm, we make a positive contribution to the social and cultural fabric of our city.
OFFICE: We are the largest owner of offices in Dublin, our weighting is currently over 70% and we have a target to grow this to 80% through our development programme. At present we are building a new 600,000 sq ft campus for LinkedIn at Wilton Place which will complete on a phased basis between 2021–24.
INDUSTRIAL: Logistics are a key growth area for the fund. We currently hold just over 10% of our portfolio in logistics and have a medium-term target to grow this to 15%.
RETAIL: We hold three prime retail parks and a number of high street retail units in Dublin city centre. In total 15% of the fund is allocated to retail and this is likely to reduce over time.
Investment principles & strategy
The fund’s overall objective is to seek to optimise investment returns for shareholders by investing in Irish commercial properties and by actively managing the portfolio.
- Consistently provide investors with stable returns and aim to outperform the institutional property benchmark.
- Maintain and promote the competitive cost advantages of IPUT as an internally managed property fund.
- Focus on maximising returns from the core income portfolio and add value through active management.
- Continue to grow our investment in prime Dublin office buildings and logistics.
- As a responsible investor, all new office developments are built to LEED credentials. We are a signatory to the UN Principles for Responsible Investment, and we participate in GRESB.
Strategic corporate development
IPUT converted to become a regulated fund in 2013 and has grown GAV from €400m in 2012 to €2.9bn in 2020. Our shareholder base has evolved to include several leading global institutional investors. These investors are long-term income focused and complement our established Irish institutional shareholder base.
IPUT plc and the IPUT Property Fund are authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Northern Trust provides fund administration and depositary services. Quarterly independent valuations are provided by JLL and CBRE and KPMG are the auditors to the company.