Actis is a global sustainable infrastructure investor. Actis has raised $US25 billion since inception and has more than US$12 billion assets under management, operating from 17 offices across five continents, with a team of over 150 investment professionals. Actis’ global experience, operational know-how and strong culture allows it to build and operate global sustainability leaders of scale, while delivering competitive returns for institutional investors and measurable positive impact for the countries, cities and communities in which it operates.
Actis’ Energy Infrastructure team invest on a global scale in buy and build power generation and distribution businesses, driven by strong market demand and growth, supporting the Energy Transition and accelerating the journey to Net Zero. Actis has invested in over 70 renewable energy projects to date, with approximately 12GW of renewable energy capacity globally and is targeting another 14GW of energy generation capacity.
Actis’ Long Life Infrastructure team invest in stabilised operating assets within multiple infrastructure sectors, driving operational value, to deliver a strong cash yield for investors and measurable ESG impact.
- Actis recently agreed to sell BTE Renewables (‘BTE’) to Engie and Meridiam, at a total enterprise value of US$1bn, BTE is the second largest renewables player in Africa after Lekela Power, which Actis sold in March this year
- Actis recently launched Nozomi Energy, a new US$500 million Japan-focused renewables platform. Nozomi will target 1.1GW of onshore wind and solar power generation by 2027.
- Actis has recently agreed to acquire 11 data centres across six countries in Latin America and the US from Nabiax, a European Data Center operator owned by Asterion Industrial Partners and Telefonica.
Vision and beliefs
Our three brand levers position and differentiate Actis:
We are builders and operators
- We have an industrialist mindset. Our sector expertise equips us to deliver pragmatic solutions; attract and work effectively with the best management teams; and to drive value through operational improvements.
We create sustainability leaders
- We have a long-standing culture of pioneering sustainability. Sustainability is fully integrated into every investment decision that we make. We don’t just want our portfolio companies to become good in a specific market, we want them to become global best-in-class. We infuse our sustainable leadership in our portfolio companies, giving them access to our broader network of sustainability leaders. We define and measure how we transform our portfolio companies and assets into sustainability leaders. Our best practice frameworks create long term sustainable value.
We unlock global opportunities
- We invest where we see the best risk-adjusted returns. In general, this is in our tradition target markets, but this can take us to global markets. We have a long history of building businesses and operating assets across the world. We invest thematically in sustainable infrastructure, pursuing the most attractive risk-return profile and unlocking opportunities wherever we find them.