CBRE Global Investors is one of the world’s largest real asset investment management firms with $106.7bn in assets under management.* Through this platform, the firm sponsors real asset investment programs across the risk/return spectrum in the Americas, Europe and Asia for investors worldwide including public and private pension funds, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, foundations, endowments and private individuals. Programs include a complete range of investment solutions including equity and debt, direct and indirect, and listed and unlisted strategies delivered through separate accounts and commingled funds.
CBRE Global Investors is an independently operated affiliate of CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBRE). It harnesses the research, investment sourcing and other resources of the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2018 revenue) for the benefit of its investors.
CBRE Group, Inc. has more than 90,000 employees (excluding affiliates) and serves real estate investors and occupiers through more than 480 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide.
* Assets under management (AUM) refers to the fair market value of real asset-related investments with respect to which CBRE Global Investors provides, on a global basis, oversight, investment management services and other advice and which generally consist of investments in real assets; equity in funds and joint ventures; securities portfolios; operating companies and real asset-related loans. This AUM is intended principally to reflect the extent of CBRE Global Investors’ presence in the global real asset market, and its calculation of AUM may differ from the calculations of other asset managers.
INDUSTRIAL: Please visit www.cbreglobalinvestors.com/insights for our most current research.
OFFICE: Please visit www.cbreglobalinvestors.com/insights for our most current research.
RESIDENTIAL: Please visit www.cbreglobalinvestors.com/insights for our most current research.
RETAIL: Please visit www.cbreglobalinvestors.com/insights for our most current research.
Investment principles & strategy
CBRE Global Investors aims to deliver superior performance across our range of client solutions by applying our knowledge advantage through a disciplined investment process. Our Investment Philosophy guides all our strategies and is founded on the following principles:
Risk must be understood before it can be managed:
We formulate a rigorous risk framework for each mandate and then carefully construct portfolios that will meet our clients’ risk/return requirements.
Market conditions change:
By combining a global view of capital markets with an in-depth insight into local asset fundamentals, we invest in the markets and strategies that offer the best relative value at different stages of the cycle.
Every asset is unique:
We utilise our local information networks to understand the drivers and risks of the future cash flow of an asset, enabling us to see opportunity where others do not, and to be a disciplined seller.
Asset management creates value:
A deeper understanding of occupier requirements enables us to maximise each asset’s potential through innovative and sustainable management.
Consistency counts over the long run:
A superior investment track record is built through consistent outperformance across cycles.
Strategic corporate development
The firm seeks to be the global leader in the real asset investment management industry by offering a broad and deep investment platform that consistently delivers world-class investment results and exceptional client service.
Our firm’s focus on real estate and infrastructure, our comprehensive capabilities and our commitment to our clients provide a distinct competitive advantage that enables us to offer clients valued solutions.
Our corporate strategy centres around our clients’ success and is executed with what we call the 4 Ps:
- People: Support a culture for our people that is based in merit, respect, teamwork and opportunity that attracts the industry’s best talent with diversity in our ranks that reflects our community.
- Performance: Provide outstanding investment performance results and service to our investors by demanding the best and putting the client goals above all else.
- Programs: Create innovative investment programs and solutions that allow our clients access to our best ideas, execution and creativity.
- Platform: Drive enterprise growth and productivity to ensure value for stakeholders, a stable platform for our clients and financial opportunity for our colleagues.
As a global firm with tremendous breadth, we use a variety of benchmarks to evaluate our performance. These benchmarks include absolute returns, relative returns using non-real estate metrics, and a variety of third-party published real estate benchmarks, such as NCREIF, INREV, ANREV and MSCI/ IPD, for our private equity strategies. Additionally, for our public strategies we use the MSCI US REIT Index, FTSE EPRA/NAREIT Index series, and the FTSE Global Core Infrastructure index. Although this captures the main benchmarks, it is not a complete list, and we work with our clients to find appropriate ways to benchmark performance.
All employees are required to comply with the Investment Management Policies and Procedures, which include legal and compliance policies. CBRE Global Investors is authorized and regulated in certain Asian countries to undertake certain regulated activities in conjunction with its investment advisory services. CBRE Global Investors has designated a dedicated Compliance Officer in certain Asian countries where the Firm has a regulatory license, which requires a dedicated compliance headcount.