Schroders Capital is the private markets investment division of Schroders, one of the world’s leading asset managers. It offers investors a local approach to investing across a broad range of private asset strategies, supported by a global perspective.
Schroders Capital is a well-established infrastructure investor, providing investors with access to resilient and sustainable returns from essential infrastructure across the capital structure (senior debt, junior debt and equity).
In late 2015, Schroders established an infrastructure platform with the goal of offering institutional investors access to high quality infrastructure investments. The platform is managed out of Paris by a dedicated asset management company named Schroder Aida, with 20 employees and c. EUR2bn of assets under management. It combines many key elements that ensures the careful and successful management of our clients’ capital:
– Long history of working together: key members of the team have been working together for 17 years, and the team came together in its original form in 2012
– Highly regarded investment track record: EUR5bn across 100 debt and equity transactions since 2012
– Significant combined experience across jurisdictions and sub-sectors: via experience gained at AXA, Crédit Agricole Assurances, Allianz, Dexia, Société Générale, BNP Paribas, Natixis
– Industry connections: ability to source unique transactions via networks built over 20+ years.
- Launched fourth senior debt fund, currently at EUR650m against a target of EUR500m
- Closed inaugural junior infrastructure debt strategy 20% above target
- Sourced 5 transactions in core infrastructure equity totalling EUR680m for separately managed account clients
- First close of first GBP dedicated fund.
Your vision and beliefs
In an ever-changing environment, seizing the best investment opportunities requires anticipation and conviction to offer trusted and transparent strategies.
At Schroder Aida, our talents channel specific expertise to observe and capture every market transformation and better nurture our current and future assets, therefore assisting our clients in meeting their investment objectives.
Our team shares a unique and deep sense of investing; we target core and essential infrastructure that can both satisfy of our investors’ interests and contribute to a greater future for our society.
We believe that economic performance must go hand in hand with life improvement. For us this connection culminates from attention to the smallest details whilst keeping focus on the long-term vision.
Our professionalism and social engagement enable us to create assets that will last for generations.
Our motto is: Essential Infrastructure, Sustainable Performance
Investment process and research
We believe in conducting rigorous, proprietary credit research based on detailed cash flow modelling and extensive due diligence to verify our assumptions. We have ESG in DNA. This is a major factor of risk for long-term illiquid debt and equity from the environmental impacts of the project, to governance by the sponsor, and the treatment of employees and interaction with local communities. A key part of our process is ensuring that ample time and resources are allocated, so that we do our best to “leave no stone unturned” when analysing and selecting potential investment opportunities.
Strategies and products
The team’s primary area of expertise is pan European brownfield infrastructure investments, in the core market segment which is by definition high income generating. The team developed a number if investment solutions for institutional investors across senior debt, junior debt and infrastructure equity, through comingled or dedicated funds.