Mapletree Investments Pte Ltd is a global real estate development, investment, capital and property management company committed to sustainability. Headquartered in Singapore, the group has established a track record of award-winning projects, and delivers consistent and high returns across real estate asset classes. Its strategic focus is to invest in markets and real estate sectors with good growth potential.
Since 2015, Mapletree’s footprint has expanded beyond Asia to the highly developed markets of Australia, Europe, the UK and US. The group also has an extensive and well-diversified range of asset classes, which are data centre, industrial, logistics, mixed-use, office, residential, retail and student accommodation, located across 13 markets, . These diverse income streams have enabled the group’s business to adapt to changing macroeconomic conditions. As Mapletree continues its growth journey, it seeks to maintain an optimal capital structure to pursue new and sustainable investment opportunities. More than 2,400 dedicated employees support Mapletree’s operations from an extensive network of offices worldwide.
In financial year 2022/23, Mapletree strengthened its global portfolio by acquiring and developing logistics projects in Australia, China, India, Malaysia, South Korea and Vietnam. As at 31 March 2023, Mapletree has S$77.4bn of assets under management. Of these, S$60.2bn, or about 77.7%, are held under the group’s three Singapore-listed real estate investment trusts (REITs) and eight private real estate funds.
Key Business Segments
South East Asia & Group Retail
Developer/investor/manager of commercial properties (and select industrial properties) in Singapore and properties in South East Asia.
Developer/manager of logistics properties in Australia, China, India, Malaysia and Vietnam.
China and India
Developer/investor/manager of properties in China and India:
- Mapletree China Logistics Investment Private Fund (MCLIP): Inaugural open-ended fund with ‘built-to-core’ strategy focused on China logistics that aims to generate long-term total returns of more than 10% per annum and a growing distribution yield.
Australia & North Asia
Developer/investor/manager of properties in Australia, Hong Kong SAR, Japan and South Korea. Existing private real estate fund platform:
- Mapletree Australia Commercial Private Trust (MASCOT): Established with the objective to invest in income-generating grade-A commercial assets that are strategically located in key Australian gateway cities.
Developer/investor/manager of global lodging properties in North America and the UK. Existing private real estate fund platform:
- Mapletree Global Student Accommodation Private Trust (MGSA): Established with the objective to invest in an attractive and resilient income-producing student accommodation portfolio in the UK and the US.
Europe and US
Developer/investor/manager of properties in Europe, North America and the UK. Existing private real estate fund platform:
- Mapletree US & EU Logistics Private Trust (MUSEL): Established with the objective to invest in high-quality and strategically located logistics asset in the US and Europe.
- Mapletree Europe Income Trust (MERIT): Established with the objective to invest in income-producing grade-A office assets that are located in key European growth cities.
- Mapletree US Logistics Trust (MUSLOG): Logistics-focused private fund fully invested at closing, aiming to generate stable and recurring income to deliver an attractive total return of 12% Trust IRR.
- Mapletree US Income Commercial Trust (MUSIC): Established with the objective to invest in income-producing grade-A office assets that are strategically located in key growth cities in the US.
Singapore listed REITs
- Mapletree Logistics Trust: Manager of logistics properties in Singapore, Australia, China, Hong Kong SAR, India, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea and Vietnam. First Asia-focused logistics REIT in Singapore, with the principal strategy of investing in a diversified portfolio of income-producing logistics real estate and real estate-related assets in Asia Pacific.
- Mapletree Industrial Trust: Manager of industrial properties and data centres in Singapore and North America. REIT investing in a diversified portfolio of income-producing assets used for industrial purposes in Singapore and income-producing assets used primarily as data centres beyond Singapore.
- Mapletree Pan Asia Commercial Trust: Manager of commercial REIT with 18 assets positioned to be proxy to key gateway markets of Asia comprising of properties in Singapore, China, Hong Kong SAR, Japan and South Korea.
Investment principles & strategy
Mapletree’s business model creates value through our core capabilities in real estate development, investment, capital and property management:
Create value: We transform greenfield lands, underperforming assets and precincts into high-value real estate with our strong development know-how.
Capitalise on opportunities: We pursue, seize and underwrite new business opportunities across the entire real estate value chain.
- CAPITAL MANAGER
Grow third-party assets under management: We employ a disciplined capital management framework to deliver consistent and high returns to our investors, demonstrated by the successful execution and performance of our four listed REITs and six private real estate trusts.
- PROPERTY MANAGER
Steward of assets: We provide a suite of quality property management services to our tenants and ensure that their operational needs are met.
At Mapletree, we believe that we have a strong responsibility towards creating a more sustainable tomorrow. By remaining agile and responsive to market sustainability trends, we aim to stay ahead of the curve and adhere to the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) framework and have aligned our material matters with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We aim to invest sustainably across a spectrum of approaches that align with our specific ESG goals and provide strong returns for our stakeholders. These goals are integrated into the group’s strategies, supported by the relevant policies, and will be used to drive performance and measure achievements.
Strategic corporate development
Mapletree will continue to focus on proactive, disciplined asset and capital management to execute the key elements of our business model well to ensure a continued stream of income and high profitability. We will continue to sponsor our listed REITs and private funds as well as create new investment vehicles to cater to different investors’ investment preferences and risk appetites such as launching private funds in the logistics and student housing sectors.
Mapletree sets target returns for each of the strategies implemented. We have a team focused on quarterly reporting and measuring performance against forecast on an ongoing basis. All of our funds are independently valued and audited externally each year.
None of the information contained herein is intended to constitute an offer, intended offer, invitation or intended invitation to sell or acquire or purchase any real estate-related assets, investment products or services of or by Mapletree or any associated entity, and must not be relied upon in connection with any investment decision. This document should not be construed as investment, tax, legal or other advice. No representation or warranty, express or implied, is made as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein and the information may be subject to change at any time.
The information herein may only be reproduced with the prior written consent of Mapletree. More information on Mapletree is available at www.mapletree.com.sg or may be provided upon request.