KGAL Group is a leading, independent investment and asset manager with an investment volume of €15.2 billion. The investments focus on long-term capital investments for institutional investors in real estate, renewable energy and aircraft leasing.
In renewable energies, KGAL Group is one of the pioneers in the investment market and manages around €3.2 billion AuM. Since entering the market in 2003, we have acquired more than 144 photovoltaic plants, onshore and offshore wind farms as well as hydropower assets across Europe. These plants have more than 1,38 GW of capacity and deliver strong as well as stable returns for our investors in five institutional and nine retail funds. KGAL’s experienced in-house renewables team consisting of 59 dedicated individuals add value at each step of the investment life-cycle, i.e. from origination, PPA negotiation, technical and commercial management to re-marketing.
Investment process & research
Integrated fund & asset management
The quality of KGAL funds is based on the experience of our in-house experts. They professionally assess risk and appreciation potential, and actively and continuously manage the assets throughout the life of the funds – from acquisition to exit.
- continuous market presence and monitoring
- ensuring access to relevant markets
- origination and exiting of investment opportunities
- implementation of closed transactions
- specification of clear strategic investment criteria for funds
- rigorous benchmarking
- constant research and adaption to market changes
- active composition of the portfolio
- on-going identification, measurement, control and reporting of relevant risks
- regular monitoring of key parameters at market, fund and investment levels
- development of recommended actions
- responsibility for professional management as well as performance at asset level
- implementation of efficient measures to maintain and improve performance
Our vision & beliefs
Our Vision is to be a leading pan-European Investment and Asset Manager in Real Assets. Our Mission is to bring the vision to life by pursuing the following guidelines:
- enhancing customer value
- result driven
- setting new standards for the market
- continual improvement process
- long-term experience l outstanding track record
- expertise with proven market access
- Client first: customer satisfaction is our priority
- strong, long-term and transparent relationships
- highly qualified team
Strategies and products
KGAL has 50 professionals within its infrastructure team, securing market access, developing attractive investments across the renewable energy sector.
KGAL relies on the composition of diversified portfolios of renewable energy projects in the wind power, photovoltaic and hydropower sectors in Europe. As a result of declining returns for investments in “turnkey” projects (brownfield investments), we are targeting to enter renewable energy projects at an early stage (project or value-add investments) or during later operational phase to generate additional value. As part of active risk management, our portfolio composition targets a broad set-up across regions, technologies and project partners.
The stated information is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by KGAL (“KGAL or KGAL Group”) and while KGAL endeavours to keep the information up to date and correct, KGAL makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the presentation or the information, products, services, or related graphics etc. contained in the presentation for any purpose.