The KGAL Group is a leading Pan European independent investment and asset manager with assets under management of c. €22.7 billion. KGAL focuses on sustainable, medium to long-term capital investments for institutional investors within the real estate, infrastructure and aviation sectors. The Group, founded 50 years ago, has a full investment service capability, employing c340.
KGAL offers a variety of investment vehicles meeting both investors’ requirements, with ESG being a significant element in KGAL’s corporate and products setup. The Group’s Investment arm is a financial authority regulated alternative investment fund management company (AIFM) and its Capital sales and client service company is BaFin regulated.
Future trends also play an important role in KGAL’s products development, including digitalisation. Here continued in- vestment in FinTec is enabling us to develop innovative products and tap into new sales channels and customer groups.
Investment process & research
Integrated fund & asset management
The quality of KGAL funds is based on the experience of our in-house experts. They professionally assess risk and appreciation potential, and actively and continuously manage the assets throughout the life of the funds – from acquisition to exit.
- continuous market presence and monitoring
- ensuring access to relevant markets
- origination and exiting of investment opportunities
- implementation of closed transactions
- specification of clear strategic investment criteria for funds
- rigorous benchmarking
- constant research and adaption to market changes
- active composition of the portfolio
- on-going identification, measurement, control and reporting of relevant risks
- regular monitoring of key parameters at market, fund and investment levels
- development of recommended actions
- responsibility for professional management as well as performance at asset level
- implementation of efficient measures to maintain and improve performance
Our vision & beliefs
Our Vision is to be a leading pan-European Investment and Asset Manager in Real Assets. Our Mission is to bring the vision to life by pursuing the following guidelines:
- enhancing customer value
- result driven
- setting new standards for the market
- continual improvement process
- long-term experience l outstanding track record
- expertise with proven market access
- Client first: customer satisfaction is our priority
- strong, long-term and transparent relationships
- highly qualified team
Strategies and products
KGAL has 50 professionals within its infrastructure team, securing market access, developing attractive investments across the renewable energy sector.
KGAL relies on the composition of diversified portfolios of renewable energy projects in the wind power, photovoltaic and hydropower sectors in Europe. As a result of declining returns for investments in “turnkey” projects (brownfield investments), we are targeting to enter renewable energy projects at an early stage (project or value-add investments) or during later operational phase to generate additional value. As part of active risk management, our portfolio composition targets a broad set-up across regions, technologies and project partners.
The stated information is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by KGAL (“KGAL or KGAL Group”) and while KGAL endeavours to keep the information up to date and correct, KGAL makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the presentation or the information, products, services, or related graphics etc. contained in the presentation for any purpose.
News from KGAL GmbH & Co. KG (Infrastructure)
Aviation operating leasing - A familiar “sale and lease-back” model
KGAL Aviation ESG-Report
The publication “Perspective: Renewable Energies” deals with the battle between renewable energies to become the energy of the future.
White Papers / Research from KGAL GmbH & Co. KG (Infrastructure)
With KGAL’s 40-year experience in aviation investments, including its two joint ventures
Chancellor Merkel spoke of a Herculean task when she confirmed plans for the country’s phaseout of the nuclear energy programme in 2011. At that time, the energy transition was already in full swing, supported by the Renewable Energy Sources Act. Nuclear energy will be a thing of the past in Germany by 2022.