The mission of USAA Real Estate is to strengthen the profitability and diversity of the USAA investment portfolio and those of its investor clients by acquiring, developing, financing and managing quality real estate investments. The portfolio of over $21 billion in assets under management consists of office, industrial/logistics, multifamily, retail and hotel properties. Visit www.usrealco.com for more information.
Investment principles & strategy
A deeply embedded culture of service, alignment and transparency are now shared with over 100 like-minded foreign and domestic investment partners. As a significant co-investor in all programs, USAA Real Estate maintains an “Investor First” mindset.
A specialized approach is taken for each property sector, without losing sight of our
Guiding Investment Principles:
· Develop and acquire high-quality assets with strong elements of design, size, and access
· Pursue assets with broad appeal to future institutional investors
· Thoughtfully select assets in the best location
· Maintain discipline concerning replacement cost
Value investing is executed with a disciplined and repeatable process, creating superior risk adjusted returns across a range of different property types and risk profiles.
Value-Oriented Investment Programs:
· Providing a full range of equity and debt strategies with both USAA Real Estate and Square Mile initiatives
· Ability to take quick action in response to market opportunities and conditions
· Flexible ownership structures to optimize tax efficiency
· Multiple exit strategies to enhance investor yields
· Research-based portfolio construction process