Cohen & Steers is a leading global investment manager specialising in real assets and alternative income, including real estate, pre- ferred securities, infrastructure, resource equities, commodities, as well as multi-strategy solutions.
In 1986, Martin Cohen and Robert Steers established Cohen & Steers as the first investment company to specialise in listed real estate. As the global real estate securities market evolved, we expanded our operations to Europe and Asia Pacific, forming the industry’s largest global investment team dedicated to real estate securities. Through careful consideration, we have added to our investment offerings over the years, developing related strategies designed to meet investors’ increasing demand for dividend income and real returns.
- Pioneers in REIT investing
- Focused on specialty asset classes where we can offer a competitive advantage
- Consistent in our investment process
- Global in our capabilities, offering clients a broad opportunity set
- Relentless in our pursuit of superior investment performance
- Advocates of industry change on behalf of shareholders
- Dedicated to providing best-in-class client service
- Stable in our company leadership
- Majority owned by employees, aligning our interests with those of investors
- Committed to offering insights and solutions to complex investing challenges
- Trusted by large and small investors around the world
The Legal and Compliance Department of the firm is responsible for achieving regula- tory compliance in the jurisdictions in which it operates or its investment services and products are offered.
The firm maintains the Code of Ethics (the “Code”) and a written compliance manual (the “Compliance Manual”). The Compliance Manual is reviewed at least annually or on an as-needed basis by the Legal and Compliance Team.
Cohen & Steers maintains a compliance testing program designed to examine the adequacy and the effectiveness of the implementation of the firm’s compliance policies and procedures. Pursuant to Rule 206(4)-7 of the Investment Advisors Act, the Chief Compliance Officer (“CCO”) has been empowered with the responsibility and authority to develop and enforce appropri- ate policies, procedures and testing.